Community Roots: Coronavirus Statement
We want to reassure you that the mental health and wellbeing of our local communities has been at the very forefront of our plans as we have adapted to the changing times caused by the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
When the pandemic began back in March 2020, Community Roots’ service providers instigated a rapid and comprehensive response, putting in place all best practice measures as advised by the Government. The majority of Community Roots’ services transitioned over to offering remote support, however some are now gradually beginning to offer face-to-face support where this can be provided safely within Covid-secure guidelines and alongside the Government’s roadmap.
If you require support or further information, this can be accessed in the following ways:
- By calling our Central Access Point Freephone telephone number on 0808 196 1768
(Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)
- By e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To find out more about Community Roots’ service providers, including details of any changes to support being offered at this time, click on the relevant service provider at the bottom of this article
- For other useful links to resources to help with your mental health and wellbeing, from telephone support to useful websites and Apps, click here
- For Crisis Support links, click here
Our key priorities as we continue to navigate the evolving situation are:
- Protect the safety, health and wellbeing of all clients, staff and their families
- Work flexibly and in collaboration with Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust (SPFT), local authorities, NHS and other providers to ensure the safe delivery of services for the most vulnerable people within our communities
- Maintain operation of the Central Access Point Freephone helpline
- Work with providers to identify the most vulnerable clients and determine the best way to offer them support
- Support people in the city with their mental health through signposting to online resources
We recognise that the pandemic has caused many people stress and anxiety in various ways. Rest assured you are not alone, and there is a wealth of support available. We will continue to do everything we can to ensure people have access to the right support for their health and wellbeing.
Links to Community Roots’ Service Providers:
Further assistance and information about all kinds of local help is also available on the 'Covid Brighton & Hove' website - click here to find out more.