Albion in the Community (AITC) is the official charity of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, committed to delivering high-quality, accessible opportunities that improve the health and wellbeing, education and aspirations of our community.
Each year AITC offer hundreds of FREE educational opportunities to adults in Sussex and they have asked us to share two great opportunities to gain a Level 2 qualification.
There are currently two qualifications available for you to complete: Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health. These are both online courses where learners can work at their own pace on our online platform to review the learning material and complete the assessments.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health is a fantastic course to complete for professionals working with young people and/or their parents/carers wishing to know more about the subject. The course consists of the following 5 units:
- Unit 01: Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
- Unit 02: Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- Unit 03: Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Unit 04: Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Unit 05: Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health is ideal if you want to broaden your understanding of how certain foods can have different benefits for those in different age groups and how you can even improve your diet through meal planning and preparation. The course consists of the following 6 units:
- Unit 01: Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 02: Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 03: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 04: The principles of weight management
- Unit 05: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 06: Principles of food safety for the home environment
If you are interested in completing one of these qualifications for free, and are aged 19 or over, please complete our course enrolment form by clicking here.
If you have any other questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing Kayleigh.Evans@albioninthecommunity.org.uk or by calling 01273 878 260.